SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Wednesday 1 December 2021

AUCTION WIN

I'm rather pleased with this recent auction win. Picked it up for £10 including delivery. I can see why some would be put off, quite a few needing repairs. But as my plans involve some serious conversion work its hardly an issue. 

Many of the Japanese will be converted into Chinese Nationalists, Japanese Allies, and artillery gunners. The Germans will also serve as gunners, with my German, Chinese, and Zubrowka armies.
I'm expecting some losses out of the 65 figures (see RED DOTS), including the two Airfix Germans kneeling. They always look out of scale next to their compatriots, and I don't see myself making a separate unit just using these figures.
MGB
PS. Can confirm I have already started work on these figures, and will be uploading the results tomorrow. Here is some of the German artillerymen. Quite a few Japanese are about to be based.



6 comments:

  1. Good haul there with lots of possibilities .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tony, very much so. It has allowed me to complete four German and two Japanese battalions to twelve figures. The number of converted artillerymen is proving very productive. Will be posting some results tomorrow.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. The Deetail German mortar and crew is an excellent piece when found in good condition, as are all of their artillery pieces! Your repair work is perfect and they look great! I can't wait to see them with one of your wonderful paint jobs! This haul should really help to fill out your numbers Michael!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brad, it really has been a useful arrival, the number of unit-projects which can now be completed to their planned establishment is quite surprising. I'm looking at posting a fair number tomorrow. Its been a successful few days on my hobbies.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Alan, have just posted up some completed projects, many coming from this auction win. Its been very useful.
      Michael

      Delete