Looking at my previous post it would appear my blog, and possibly also blogspot.com, is having some issues. I think this is a good opportunity to have a break for a few months and concentrate on my Edwardian house restoration. Will likely want to try blogging again in the winter.
Cheers for now.
Michael G. Butterfield.
Good luck with the restoration work .
ReplyDeleteThanks Tony. I have spent today picking up some timber to construct four shelves for the walk-in cupboard below the stairs. It is a cool, dark, presently dry location which can store supplies, tools, fuel. My main problem, it is not a perfect rectangle, and the shelves and supporting batons require individual measurements. But I am enjoying the challenge.
DeleteMichael
If you open feedburner in the same browser as you've open your Blog, you can manually refresh the feed which souls update your blogpost on other's blogrolls as well. The link to feedburner is:
ReplyDeletehttps://feedburner.google.com/
If opened in the same browser as your blog, you should be able to see your blog-name in feedburner. Then press the 3 dots to the right and then press 'refresh feed'. If you don't I'm looking forward to you start blogging again. I still hope you'll keep visiting other blogs though.
Roger, I will probably give it a miss for a few months. I really do need to concentrate on the insulation of this old house, and other home projects. Chris is hopefully visiting next week and it is our hope to rid this place of the horrific 1970s 'boomer' fire surround, and replace it with a working 1920s cast iron fire place. That is the plan.
DeleteCheers for now,
Michael
Looks like your going to be busy with home improvement for a while. It's important with a propper fireplace when the winter is coming.
DeleteGood luck on your 1:1 projects Michael.
All the best.
Cheers Roger.
DeleteAll the best with the forthcoming 1 to 1 scale project.
ReplyDeleteSpot on, Alan. That is how I see this project. Just hope friends and artisans, combined with my humble efforts, can make this a nice home for myself and future generations , while showing respect to its heritage.
DeleteMichael
Michael, I have only just found this post as Blogger is not behaving properly again. I quite understand your decision and wish you every success with your home building project. I am just glad its you and not me ,as I loathe DIY with a passion and ineptitude of equal magnitude! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHello Graham. Yes, the blog has ceased being circulated by Google. But it provides a much needed opportunity to work on more important projects. Every day something useful is completed or near completed. The last few days were new shelves for the walk-in cupboard. They required joining tongue and grove floorboards to make the shelves, cutting each one to fit a location with heating pipes, priming, sanding, undercoating, sanding, two coats of satin paint. These just rest on two battens, so can be removed for easy inspection and hygiene. Chris is visiting soon to help me lift heavy furniture upstairs, and start using a power hammer to obliterate the ghastly fire surround, huzzah. By the way, just purchased a couple of Britains clergy. Not cheap, £16 delivered, but the two variations have been on my wants list for far too long. Hope to fight a few wargames during occasional breaks, perhaps this weekend if I am happy with my progress.
DeleteMichael