SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Saturday 28 November 2020

WW2 LONE STAR TRANSPORT arrives

A fun collection of Lone Star models has just arrived. All three items are a little bit small in scale but I'm more than happy to use them with my collection of Britains toy soldiers. Haven't a clue what the armoured car is but I guess its a generic model as it was available in yellow or green, depending on whether it was German or British! A bit of research was rewarding as I found several vehicles, Staghounds, Coventrys, Italian AB41s, and German-Chinese SdKfz 222. that it might 'loosely' serve as. For scale its almost perfect representing a Daimler Dingo/Ford Lynx. Looking forward to restoring these, it only cost £10 delivered.

MGB







8 comments:

  1. Nice looking models , I'm so tempted to start 54mm WW2 ! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, have enjoyed my excursion into 54mm WW2, and I'm looking forward to my first skirmish game. No plans to fight large games, just some simple scenarios probably set in 1939. I do think it has a real novelty using toys some of which date back to the 1930s.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ross, my funds are limited, selling some 28mm to finance this project, so getting these for £10 was a real pleasure. Have just bought another armoured car, but I'm going to restore it and give it to my nephew, he is heavily into toy soldiers, haven't a clue where he got this idea from.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I agree MJT, quality metal toys, designed to last, and deserving of a good restoration. Have started today paint stripping them, can confirm the brown armoured car was a repaint, the German issue were desert yellow.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Bren or Carden Lloyd Carrier crew and gun recasts available at Dorset Toy Soldiers
    https://imperialminiatures.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/castingslist-dorset.pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, I was going to look around to see if anyone made recasts, I've also got to get some left arms from Imperial Miniatures. I also see Tradition do a separate bren gun. Cheers,
      Michael

      Delete