SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Thursday 7 January 2021

NEW SPANISH BATTALION c.1900 (And Garrison)

As a side project I'm raising a small force of Spanish, to serve as a colonial garrison. In my spares box were a number of broken figures, the same as several test-painted some time back as Spanish line infantry. Went to work on the broken figures on Wednesday. Today they were varnished and based, all having gone well repairing the broken rifles, and replacing the heads. 

MGB



 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful conversions! It looks a very formidable colonial force! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brad, its a fun side project which adds to the collection.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Great looking figures. I've said it before I know, but I do like to see the broken lead figures being brought back to play with terrific conversion work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers MJT, I completely agree, restoring them is a boost to my morale too, and having picked them up relatively cheaply it suits my funds.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Allan, they will probably have to face some American units.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Tony, the cost of French figures seems somewhat high, so I decided to give up on the French and try raising a Spanish collection using converted figures.
      Michael

      Delete
  5. These ARE very pretty! Hopefully their deeds (aka dice) will live up to their looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ross, the plan is to have just enough to man a colonial garrison, and furnish a quick to set up game. The opposition might be British but probably American: war of 1898.
      Michael

      Delete