SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Saturday 6 March 2021

PLASTIC CONVERSIONS (Israeli Signals, British Military Police)

Just visited Man of Tin Blog, run by Mark. He's just posted some photos of female toy soldiers. Thought I would follow up with some plastic figures I converted last year. A few years ago I picked up a large bag of cheap plastic soldiers, a very mixed collection. They included several very odd 65mm Chinese-made figures. Not worth keeping, I did note some were moulded with out-of-scale female heads with beret and hair bun. Decided to fix these to some spare WW2 Airfix US Marines, to portray Israeli Signals. 

The second photo shows various British WW2 figures, all plastic, this time converted and painted up as British Military Police. I guess these figures would not look out of place in Cyprus or Palestine 1930-50.

MGB







10 comments:

  1. Excellent conversions Michael! Very unique indeed! Well done as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad, thought it was time for something slightly different lol.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Really like what you have done with the military police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George, I still have some Airfix commandos, going to convert these into something I'm more likely to utilise. Also, looking at using some odd 8th Army figures and expanding my MP contingent.
      Michael

      Delete
    2. Great idea, Military Police figures work well in many post-colonial settings. Aden springs to mind for a game set in 1967.

      Delete
    3. Yes George, I think it would be an interesting war-game formation, rather than creating a typical 'army' unit.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Those are great conversions! As always, your figures are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I do enjoy converting and painting 'exotic or unusual' military formations. Cheers,
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers Ross, I'm to blame, my 'battle' is currently to reduce the number of projects on the table...... so I can start fighting some games! So expect a fair number of painting posts while my morale holds.
      Michael

      Delete