SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Thursday 13 May 2021

MY NEW TRACTOR

Actually, not quite new. Picked up this Ertl John Deere Overtime tractor off Ebay. Have been looking for a suitable die-cast toy to combine with my Britains 4.7 Naval Gun. This toy tractor is fairly common in North America but less often seen in the UK. I paid £15.20 delivered. While you can get them for a lot less in the States by the time you have paid postage and Customs Duty the price is often about £30. Daft really, its a British designed tractor. Pleased to say it arrived in a broken box but otherwise in perfect condition, I don't need the box, I don't collect the boxes. Here's a few photos of it already assisting the Empire army near Montreal, in my spares box was an old Britains tractor driver, not a bad fit.

MGB






6 comments:

  1. Very nice find Michael! The Britains driver looks like he was made for this tractor! I love picture #2, the locals looking on with pride as one of their own helps the war effort! He is sure to become a local legend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, its a bit of fun that second photo, I actually made the (Half) barn last night, I want to improve the quality of the backdrop as my table space is only 6'x6'. Yes, very lucky with the farmer, I think its actually a WW2 Women's Land Army figure, but it looks just right.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. What an excellent addition to things and a splendid machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan, it was luck that I spotted it. Was thinking of constructing something for the Naval Gun, but didn't want to try and complete a horse and limber model because of space, time, and cost. It really is the perfect answer, good colours too.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Really enjoyed viewing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers George, having viewed it on several occasions since, it is a nice model. And my contribution was just placing it in front of the 4.7 Naval gun!
      Michael

      Delete