SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Friday 9 July 2021

PLASTIC SARACEN/TURK ARCHERS

Picked up a handful of Britains Herald-HK medieval archers and pikemen. I don't really need more figures, the collection is quite complete but, I really could use some more shooting figures for my Saracens. Decided to convert the four, and draft the others into my French-Swiss pike block. With my Saracen javelin men and two earlier conversions, I can now field twelve shooters.

MGB




Original state, costing £5.63 delivered.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful conversions Michael with wonderfully colorful paint jobs! You can never have enough shooters and you have filled the bill in a most excellent way! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad, its not a large force but there's enough Saracens to stage a small war-game. I really needed these extra shooters so its good they have been completed, at no great expense.
      Michael

      Delete