SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Sunday 4 July 2021

ZOUAVES RESTORED

In February I picked up five very badly damaged French Zouave toy soldiers, lead castings made by Britains. With the arrival of some spares from Dorset Toy soldiers, and also an officer, I can now field a unit of six, to serve as French light infantry. I guess the whole project cost £10, and a bit of time.






MGB

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tony, I was concerned they would remain somewhat fragile. Actually, I suspect they are stronger now than ever before, which is how I like it.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Great to see these fighting fit once more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan, its an elegant figure. And they often cost a fortune secondhand, above my budget.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. A magnificent restoration job Michael! Is it more difficult to fix up the one-legged figures such as these? Picture #4 to me is awe-inspiring as the color and action mixed with the armoured car is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad, Its important to me that any repair job is able to withstand casual usage on the wargames table, or it will just break again. A single steel rod fixed inside the leg and drilled into a metal base is quite secure. Arguably, its easier than a two legged figure as its half the work and less attention has to be given to drilling the holes in the right location for the two legs to link up. Thanks for the interest and support.
      Michael

      Delete