SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Wednesday 18 August 2021

WW2 & MODERN, latest additions

Some nice additions, and not too expensive either. First up is a WW2 model of a M3 infantry carrier. I picked it up for £13.50 including delivery. I haven't actually got a United States Army but I do have British, and they also used them. It doesn't stop there, the Soviets and Germans had small numbers too. And variations continued to be in service with a load of countries through the 1970s, including Israel. Its a well made mainly plastic model, but quite heavy.  Will find a method to cover inappropriate emblems, or might just remove them all.



I found a handful of Airfix US Marines. Decided to convert them into Israeli Military Police as I'm prone to raise unusual army formations.



Three more odd/broken figures have furnished a gun crew, could serve as 1970s Israeli or WW2 United States.


Finally, this is a project I enjoyed working on. Last year I picked up five Britains guns for £13.60, and all were listed as broken. Actually, a PAK 38 only had paint scratches, while a second one was just missing its two shafts/legs. Have just constructed some acceptable replacements. As it had lost much of its paintwork, decided to also give it some exotic camouflage.

MGB

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen the Israeli MP uniform and you got it just right Michael! Outstanding conversions! Your artillery crews and field pieces look great too! The exotic camo is excellent and the replacement legs are perfect! Very well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad, I am pleased that the PAK 38 replacement legs don't look silly, if they had then it would have stayed in the spares box. Having a battery of these guns is a useful addition.
      Michael

      Delete