SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Tuesday 2 November 2021

A NEW HIGHLANDER REGIMENT

Have occasionally acquired lead Highlander figures which seem somewhat larger in scale. Rather than just integrating them with the smaller castings, decided to increase a test-run three figure company to a full battalion. And this will be the home for any others that crop up.

White uniforms are recorded being used by Highland regiments on tropical service from 1850 to 1920. I think they make an interesting addition to the collection.

MGB




 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sir. I've got several Highland units in red, I could not justify painting another, a white doublet battalion was the answer.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Excellent unit Michael! They look very smart indeed in their tropical kit! A nice change of pace and suitable for many different campaigns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, I do agree with you concerning the range of campaigns. And I'm not too bothered about keeping its establishment either, any suitable figures will get drafted.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers Mark, I think they will prove useful in skirmish games.
      Michael

      Delete