SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Tuesday 11 October 2022

SOVIET WW2 ARTILLERYMEN (Revell-Italaeri)

Had to find a solution to my Soviet WW2 collection having no artillerymen. Picked up this box for £13.50 delivered. Have seen them going for even more. My plan is to raise two teams of three figures, and a command base of two figures. In conjunction with my armoured train, and the naval gunboat, this should provide all I really need for an interesting war-game. The figures are listed as 1/35 but pleased to find they are only slightly less than my Airfix infantry, although definitely slimmer. Will fix them on higher bases, giving the illusion of a larger scale.

Well, just completed them today, and have given them the 54mm Toy-look, with a coat of gloss varnish. The two mortars are scratch built, using bits of metal, and plastic and a good superglue. They are firm and secure. Will later construct some ammo boxes. There is an Airfix figure in the first photo, to show the scale difference.

MGB

2 comments:

  1. Your use of base thickness is very subtle, but works beautifully Michael! Marvelous looking artillery units that will come in very handy in the future! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brad, Its another tick towards completing this army. And they look ok with my Airfix Soviet infantry, which was my main concern.
      Michael

      Delete