SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Wednesday 19 October 2022

LATEST ADDITIONS

My local collectables shop furnished two Deetail mounted Saracens for a total of £4. Rather pleased with this as it included one designed figure which had escaped my collection.  Look forward to upgrading them with some painted detail.

A charity shop had this wire bicycle for £1. While totally out of scale, the two wheels will be very useful. I may construct a military cart, or perhaps a limber.
Back to Ebay, got sixteen Airfix Soviet infantry for the cost of 99p plus £3.50 postage. This will allow me to complete my three battalions, each will comprise twelve infantry, and one LMG figure.
This is an odd acquisition. George kindly assisted me in obtaining three pencil sharpeners. Made of metal, the gatling gun has long been utilised by 54mm wargamers. The mortar and cannon will be drafted into my Ruritanian army, so expect some distinctive livery. The gatling will probably end up with my Spanish c.1870 army. All three totalled £10, including delivery.
MGB

4 comments:

  1. Excellent finds Michael! Your painting skills really bring out the beauty of the Deetail Saracen castlings! I look forward to seeing what you do with those artillery pieces, they have great potential!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brad, I'm looking forward to working on those artillery pieces. They really are 'toys', which lend themselves well to some creative paintwork.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Those pencil sharpeners are very useful, I have the Gatling gun painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, I spotted Timothy Hall using several of these gatlings in 2017, I picked up my first almost exactly two years ago. At about £3.30 delivered, I got this second one at a good price. Planning on a black model with red wheels, which is a slight distortion of the Spanish colours pre-1900.
      Michael

      Delete