SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Sunday 14 May 2023

SCHLESWIG WARS, German states send troops

The prompt service provided by IRREGULAR MINIATURES (48 hour delivery) furnished a batch of cast heads for my Danish and German units. Decided to convert an American unit in my collection into Hanoverian infantry, while some Herald ACW were painted up as Mecklenburg infantry. Have also converted some plastic guardsmen into a company of Schleswig Jaeger.


MGB

6 comments:

  1. Wow Michael, you are really making great progress on this project! They all look great and your Mecklenburg flag is spot on! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brad, I'm enjoying the project, but I am very keen to have this small collection complete and ready for the gaming table in a reasonable timeframe. By the end of this week I want to be able to play a game. On the positive side, no need to raise Danish artillery, my French 1890s have very similar uniforms, they can stand in.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. I'm so tempted with this colourful little war , you're make great progress with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, I'm drawing on collections which had become too large for my gaming table, I also wanted to wargame an actual conflict of the 19th century. For me, it made sense.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. These are again fabulous troops you have painted up Micheal. It will certainly be a very impressive game!!! Thank you for sharing. Best wishes- Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Quinn, I do think the period works well with my terrain, buildings, etc. Have just paint stripped some old lead figures in my American and Spanish collections, will use them to top up my German troops.
      Michael

      Delete