SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Saturday 25 November 2023

WINDING DOWN FOR CHRISTMAS

Hi Everyone, thank you all for your support during the last few years. It has been a fun and nostalgic excursion into 54mm toy soldiers. Have just noticed my latest Apple computer is having issues with the Google Blog system for comments. Rather than pursuing how to solve this problem, I will use the occasion to go full steam on other projects. It is also my intention to move house early next year (a member of my family would find it useful to be a little nearer his work depot) so this really is a most suitable moment, or perhaps an opportunity to move on.

Best wishes for Christmas to all my visitors, particularly to my friends Paul and George, and also Brad and MJT for their encouragement. And good health and SUCCESS for 2024.

Michael G. Butterfield
 

And now for something completely different, my 2023 Christmas tree, with mainly pre-1970 mercury-glass baubles, another nostalgic hobby of mine.
MGB

7 comments:

  1. Blogging aside, I hope the research project is going well and the move goes smoothly after Christmas - yours must attain the honour of being the first house tree I've seen up this year. An excellent Christmas card of redcoats bringing in the cannonball of a Christmas pudding. It seems rather early to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours or to Welcome 2024 ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the move goes okay , and the Seasons greetings to you and yours , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Merry Christmas to you Michael! Your Christmas card is wonderfully appropriate for your blog! Your tree brings me back to very happy and simpler times in my life, thank you for the memories! I wish you all the best with your move and a very Happy New Year 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and yours! I do hope you'll leave the blog up even if it's no longer active. It's easily one of the most inspiring toy soldier sites on the web, blog or otherwise. Cheers and best wishes in all of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a pleasure to see the progress of the collection Mike - keep safe and I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michael hope you are your family have a great and Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this one! Happy Festive Season MGB!!

    ReplyDelete