SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Friday 5 January 2024

THANK YOU!, and some photos.

I must thank everyone for the kind comments and emails regarding my previous post. During the festive season I have been able to clear a few more projects, and here are some photos. When things are a little bit more settled I will certainly wish to set up the gaming table once more, and record again any work on the collection or games played.

Michael G. Butterfield.

George Mills and Lianna visited on New Years Eve. In addition to a fine bottle of port to go with our dinner, George kindly furnished a traditional-look toy aircraft hangar. 

The local collectables shopkeeper was in the Christmas spirit and I acquired this box of WW2 Generals for £5. We had to debate this point but he stood his ground. My collection really was missing a few personalities to complete several armies, so a very useful addition. Here they are painted and based.
Got around to completing two more figures for my Detroit Light Guard c.1900. It was also time they were issued a regimental colour. These are old lead figures.
My not quite modern British Army, time it was restyled post-WW2, has gained several more figures. The command base displays a patch indicating it is the Middlesex Regiment.
Some useful additions for my WW2 US Army. These are 1960s Timpo figures. Pleased I now have the officer with revolver, and the Military Police now number eight.
Picked these up for £4.20 delivered.
Two more items, an old lead WW1 machine gunner joins the collection. And a few more trees are always useful.
A Corgi jeep in a somewhat derelict state has been revamped for service with the Royal Navy. It was a fun project. Acquired from that local collectables shop for £2.
And finally, a bag of early plastic farm figures. Given a paint job, these can look good on the table. And they cost only £1. Some of the lesser creatures will be returned to the charity shop, while some of the smaller cattle will be used in my 28mm collection.
MGB

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year MGB.
    The hanger is very nice, as are all your recent additions. I have a particular fondness for toy farms. I keep meaning to build a traditional look farm house and yard for some 20mm farm toys - perhaps this year..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. I especially like the Light Guard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see your blog up and running again Michael, you have been missed! That hangar is really nice and the Detroit Light Guard is awesome! Happy New Year to you and yours Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure to share your company Mike - glad the hanger will be of some use to you and the collection. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming hanger - a delightful gift. Great set of Generals as well to add to your new figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see a post from you again! I hope you have a happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent items Michael - looks like you’re on a roll in 2024. Best wishes - Quinn

    ReplyDelete