SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Tuesday 13 October 2020

DOMINION WAR NEWS and W. Britains Figures

A flotilla of naval and merchant vessels docked at Montreal today. Several British regiments of foot and horse were seen to disembark to a cheering crowd of onlookers. They comprised Regular and Volunteer cavalry, the Royal Highland Regiment, and a detachment of the King's Royal Rifle Corps. We are further informed reinforcements have also arrived at Halifax, Nova Scotia. Truly, these are (W.) Britains from Britain. 

(I purchased some W.Britains boxed sets during 2019, while the Royal Highland Regiment were kindly sent to me by Paul Watson and it was a pleasure to restore them for service. Steel nails and milliput was used to repair the bagpipes.)

MGB










2 comments:

  1. Very nice work indeed!

    Good to know that my hometown and the city I spent most of my life in have both received support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Paul Watson that furnished the metal highlanders, which started my drift into restoring metal figures in addition to converting plastic. I don't see Montreal falling now, and they may have occupied Ottawa but nearby Hull is still free.
      Michael

      Delete