SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Saturday 24 October 2020

RAISING A SPANISH ARMY c.1900

As a side project to my British Empire and United States armies c.1880, I wanted to use some spare figures to form a small force of Spanish, just enough for a garrison, or skirmish game. Having completed six cavalry units for each of the main armies, I was able to raise two cavalry units for the Spanish, using some damaged lead castings. They comprise a Light Horse regiment, and some mounted officer cadets. The infantry presently comprise a small unit of colonial marines, and a company of regulars. Some plastic guards musicians were also going spare and I converted these into two gun crews. Have just secured some more broken lead guards, hope to increase the marines and regular infantry.

MGB
















2 comments:

  1. Excellent work Michael. There is a blog in Spanish that has loads of great prints,illustrations on it. I shall try to find it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allan, I found MINIATURAS MILIATARES POR ALFONS CANOVAS really answered all my plans, this collection won't muster more than fifty figures. Probably three 8-figure infantry units, six gunners, eight cavalry, and some personalities. Its just a slight excursion, and an alternative opposition for my American army.
      Michael

      Delete