SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Monday 2 November 2020

REINFORCEMENTS, MORE LEAD ARRIVES

Some nice additions have been captured in recent auctions. Looking forward to start on their restoration, and choosing what they will represent. Many will probably augment my Spanish c.1900 army. A few will join my Ruritanian Civil War, British Royal Navy, and United States Army c.1880. Total cost £18.50, I guess thats a bit steep but naval figures seem to go for higher prices. Note the Highlander, not sure what make it is but the shoulder-arms is on the right side, which is strange for British troops.

MGB






12 comments:

  1. A good haul there , some useful figures .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, I think it is. there is enough here to complete the three infantry units for my Spanish garrison project. And a few interesting figures for other armies.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. I think you have done rather well here, an excellent haul over flowing with possibilities. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Allan, to turn a broken, paint damaged figure into something colourful and shiny, is fun and a morale boost.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. A nice haul. It is odd to find a British soldier with sloped arm on the wtong side. Flipping through my copy of Rose's guide, looks like a Reka figure c 1919 and rare apparently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross, thank you for making time to try and discover who made it. I will play safe and let it be until we know more. My instinct was to assume its Continental, they might make that kind of mistake.
      I do appreciate this!
      Michael

      Delete
    2. A quick google suggests that he probably doesn't have signiificant monetary value given that Crescent picked up the mould (he may well be one of those rereleases) and it was easy to find auctions of whole sets in good shape.

      Delete
    3. Mind you, I'm a wargamer not a collector! :)

      Delete
    4. Same here, Ross. But if its scarce, regardless of value, I would not like to replace the original portrayal. True, its not in the best condition, and I need to replace the rifle barrel. I have projects enough to set this single figure aside, for a while.
      Michael

      Delete
    5. Ross, I have also found a fair number of sets on line, and in much better condition. So, I will allow myself the right to alter and repair, lol.
      Thanks again for keeping an eye on whats arrived.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Look to your letter box Monday/Tuesday Michael - reinforcements in bound now I'm out of the grip of the medicos. ATB Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paul for the message on FB, and do keep me posted on how you are doing. I will wish to discuss the reinforcements/delivery with everyone on this blog.
      Do take care!
      Michael

      Delete