SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Thursday 24 December 2020

CHRISTMAS TREE GUARDS

Several 60mm toy soldiers I can remember having in the late 1960s are again on active service, guarding the Christmas tree. Happy Christmas, and a safe Yuletide. 

MGB


8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! The cannon beside the settee is most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Merry Christmas to you, Allan. I do believe every Englishman should have a cannon in his home, it just seems right!
      Michael

      Delete
  2. A Merry Christmas to you and yours , I do like the cannon ! , Cheers Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Merry Christmas to you Tony. Yes, its quite powerful on the wargames table too, lol.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas! You've inspired me to look at some of my odds and ends soldier-wise, for conversion to ornaments for next year. (Is that cannon for settling rules disputes at the gaming table?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, Merry Christmas to you and your family. For the record, its a reproduction of a swivel gun on Captain Cook's voyage in the 1770s, with a naval carriage added. (So it does have the potential of helping King George the Third on the wargames table lol.)
      Michael

      Delete
  4. A lovely touch Mike, I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello George, yes indeed, obviously somewhat quieter than we had originally planned. Have begun to wonder if I was the only one that strictly adhered to the lockdown. Still, Chris and I are planning some house wargames. For the moment, I'm using my hobby time to work on the three boxes of metal figures, and one more of plastic which recently arrived. All the metal are now paint stripped and primed, most of the broken rifles are repaired, but I need to home-cast more rifles and peaked caps, the latter for my Ruritanian army. Today I won another auction, with some British officers, hope to have some more command bases. Those metal figures have really sorted the gaps in several units, and they are now ready to be painted.
      How was your Christmas? Hope you all are keeping well?
      Michael

      Delete