SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Thursday 31 December 2020

MORE LEAD FIGURES ARRIVE

A useful batch of British redcoats arrived today, many of them being officers. Competing with others in an auction, it cost £19.10 delivered. On the positive side, some of these will complete battalions, while others will serve as dismounted command figures. I suspect the fourth figure, top row, is a W.Britains surgeon? I don't see myself paint stripping these as the quality is very acceptable.

MGB



6 comments:

  1. A fine collection. I'd imagine a surgeon would be very handy in your growing Army.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJT. I really shouldn't be aggrieved at the price, they are nicely painted. The bugler on the bottom row has now lost the white chevrons, so It can join the Royal Marines. If that model is a surgeon I will keep it in that capacity. Looking at them, the painting style is the same as mine. Hope to post some photos soon. Happy New Year to you too!
      Michael

      Delete
  2. A good haul and a fine start to the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, its not the only one, two other auctions will furnish lead cavalry for my Ruritanian army (Needed to do something after the AIP problem, the figures being too large). Also, picked up a few more old Britains for restoration at a good price. Will be posting some painted figures shortly. Best wishes for the New Year.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. I saw these - but DIDN'T bid for them ! , good haul though - all the best for the New Year .Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, I was keeping an eye on these for sometime, but assumed others would be interested not least because they were fine-to-go straight on the table. I normally look for damaged goods, its more in my price range, and I usually paint strip everything anyhow, lol. These will keep the bulk of their paintwork, with just regimental additions if required. All the best for the New Year.
      Michael

      Delete