SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Thursday 21 January 2021

PAINTING FIGURES, various regiments

Quite a few photos, have been working hard to complete various regiments for the table. First Photo, two Canadian Grenadiers, Royal Navy rating, Royal Marine Artillery, London Irish Piper. Second Photo, British officer on campaign, British Army surgeon. Third photo, Spanish infantry and marines. Last two photos show American command bases, was able to construct some drummers out of bits and pieces in my spares box.

MGB







6 comments:

  1. Beautiful paint jobs there ! , I especially like the Spanish - very unusual .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony, I've enjoyed raising a small Spanish force. Some time ago I downloaded photos of a 54mm game involving French and British empires, by Timothy Hall. The French are quite difficult to get and too pricey, so I used some spare British to raise a Spanish army. Their uniform colours are very similar to the French.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Allan, I mentioned my morale is presently good for painting so I am trying to clear as much as I can, while it lasts.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers MJT, this has completed two Spanish battalions of twelve, and two United States battalions of twelve, in addition to some useful extras for scenario.
      Michael

      Delete