SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Monday 15 February 2021

A Royal Artillery Crew (Conversion Project)

In my spares box was a lead figure with a backpack, I also had two more figures in gaiters, and a kneeling figure with a broken rifle. Decided to raise a colonial service artillery company. Replaced the arms and carved some gaiters on the kneeling figure. Milliput was used for three more backpacks, shoulder belts, and ammo pouches. Fixed some home-cast pith helmets. On file I had several nice photos of toy soldiers manning guns in blue tunic and buff breeches, here is my representation.

MGB






4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, its always nice to have things fairly difficult to use turned into something very useful.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful unit! The natives are in real trouble when this crew gets into action!
    Well done Michael!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad, I really needed these extra artillerymen, so it was a good project.
      Michael

      Delete