SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Friday 21 May 2021

MORE SARACENS & TURKS (Medievals, Deetails)

Completed two more units of Eastern Medievals. This pretty well concludes my 54mm collection (I have about 300 Ottomans in 25mm so no point going mad in another scale). However, perhaps this 54mm army could still use a few more shooting figures, have decided to classify some of these as javelin throwers but with only two bowmen they are still somewhat deficient. I must say, it was a pleasure painting these figures. 
MGB




4 comments:

  1. Your Saracens are breathtaking Michael! It takes a great and creative imagination to turn simple toy soldiers into things of beauty! I have a display of all Deetail figures in my toy soldier room and will never look at the Saracens in the same way again! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brad, thats very kind. For my part, I have a feeling I would not repaint some of the other Deetail ranges if in fair condition, such as the ACW figures. I think the latter stand alone just as they are. But these Eastern figures have so much detail. Adding to this, I picked them up fairly cheaply but many having damage, missing scabbards, helmet ornaments, and even hands. Missing weapons and bases were the least of the problems. When I spotted some upgraded Saracens on Ebay the potential was clear. I think my plan was to turn these into colourful Christmas ornaments, which is no small contradiction lol. (Planning a war-game with these in a day or so.)
      Michael

      Delete
  2. If there was once Britain's Deetail, then Super Deetail ... these must be Super Super Deetail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kind Mark, but as I mentioned to Brad, I've seen some on Ebay, and they were beautifully done...... how many 'supers' are we now on lol.
      Michael

      Delete