SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Wednesday 4 August 2021

INSURGENT ARMY (Contemporary)

As a follow-on to my previous post, here is the opposition for my contemporary Ugandan army. I've used the same cheap plastic Chinese figures, in 42mm scale, but have applied milliput to produce distinct headscarves. The insurgent army is divided into five groups (6-8 figs.). Each group includes a light MG, and a RPG. The latter were WW2 bazookas converted with bits from my spares box, I think they look the part. 

1

2

3

4

5

This toy truck was picked up in a charity shop for £1.50. The heavy MG was made of plasticard and metal bits.



Insurgent artillery piece. Constructed from a broken W. Britains battalion gun, picked up very cheaply. 

A handful more of these figures arrived in the French toy soldier box recently uploaded, they furnished the crew for the technical, and the artillery piece seen above.
MGB

4 comments:

  1. Awesome conversions Michael! They are perfect insurgents! Hard to believe that they started out as cheap Chinese figures! The technical is spot on, especially with the crew and heavy MG! The same holds true for the artillery piece! Very well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad, as a side project, having acquired so many of these figures, its been interesting raising the Ugandan and Insurgent armies. And, as you know, you learn something of the conflict, geography, and history as a bonus. I won't set out to buy any more of these toy soldiers but if I acquire some I will augment the collection.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. I am in awe. As Brad said, it's hard to believe these started out as cheap Chinese copies. Your conversion work is quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, thats very kind. TBH, Its fun to make something interesting out of cheap materials, or in this case Chinese copies.
      Michael

      Delete