SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Friday 6 August 2021

NEW ADDITIONS painted and ready

Just completed another batch of figures from my spares box. First up are some French-made figures representing Foreign Legion infantry c.1960. For design and scale, they fit perfectly with my Timpo figures.


The Mounted French Officer has also been given a revamp and varnish.

A friend, George Mills, kindly donated five Deetail cowboys. Have just picked up another three, needing some slight repair work. With others, I now have a twelve strong band of irregulars.

Some individual extras have been completed too. The first is a French-made Disney figure, the prince from the Snow White movie. He will now join my medieval Guelph and Ghibelline armies. The second is a restored Britains farmer. An Airfix German officer, to complete a unit of twenty WW2 figures. And a cheap copy of a Starlux para, which can now serve with the genuine figures.

Finally, several months ago I picked up a few more Britains plastic medievals. With pikes added, their arrival has allowed me to complete a second block of French-Swiss pikemen.

MGB

10 comments:

  1. Had lots of those Britains Medievals but sold them all a few years ago - and regretted it ever since !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, I had a handful in the 70s, decided to raise a collection about three years ago. With the exception of not having a crossbowman, or a light armoured sergeant, it was a nice range of figures. I need to organise a game, to utilise the new figures.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. You continue to work wonders with cheap knock-off figures Michael! I'm so glad that the para can finally line up next to his Starlux cousins thanks to you! They all look great! The pikemen are wonderful too. The pike that Britains/Herald supplied was so woefully short and your remedy is perfect! Another great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, its been a useful spell clearing odd figures, and integrating them. I know collectors prefer original weaponry but having painted authentic shields, etc., it was natural to also replace the flimsy weaponry with pewter blades, and steel lances and pikes.
      Michael

      Delete
    2. They work well, where do you get your pikes from?

      Delete
    3. Hi Brian, I got my latest batch from Magneticdisplays/coritani, nice service and a competitive price.
      Michael
      https://magneticdisplays.co.uk/accessories/other-accessories

      Delete
  3. An attractive and varied set of repairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, going all out to clear my spares box. Working on another sixteen, mainly Airfix Russians, today. That will reduce my spares/unpainted box to about 100 figures in total. Must work on them while my morale is high.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Hi Mike, lovely to see the figures being used! I must apologise for not seeing this earlier, I have been working away a lot at the moment. Look forward to hopefully seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George, pop over whenever you like. I'm thinking of having a spate of wargames, I've recently done quite well with garden/home/wargame projects.
      Michael

      Delete