SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Saturday 20 May 2023

PARACHUTE REGIMENT, this completes three battalions

I finally got round to completing the First Battalion, Parachute Regiment. Can now field three 12 figure battalions in any post-war conflicts. In my opinion these 1960s Lone Star figures are a classic range in plastic toy soldiers, but can still be picked up at very favourable prices.

MGB

4 comments:

  1. You have indeed been very busy Michael, with wonderful results! The three battalions look great and the fact that they are classic toy soldiers adds a lot to their play value on the tabletop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad. While this hobby resolve is still going strong, I'm trying to complete as many wargaming projects as possible. This will clear space in my home, and allow me to go all out on two other interests. Today, I spent about two hours painting/photographing figures, but over six hours netting my fruit bushes and general garden jobs........ we are having lovely weather in England!
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Michael they are formidable forces. Best wishes- Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Quinn, wargames involve two battles, one is fought on the gaming table, the other involves paintbrushes. Starting at 7am, I spent two hours painting up my Lone Star 7RHA company, to operate with the above battalions. Feel free to mention if you successfully clear a project. One of the reasons I have this blog is to boost my resolve by uploading photos.
      Michael

      Delete