SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Friday 9 June 2023

A Quick Swap (New Additions)

Decided to clear a box of 25mm sci-fi figures I painted and based about ten years ago. They were Galoob plastic spacemen, or possibly copies. Truth is, they had no value to me, was happy to exchange them with a local trader who runs a collectables shop. Returned home with sixteen 54mm figures. Its another very mixed haul, and many will need some fairly heavy repair work, but they will still be useful.

The top row are lead, the others are plastic.

MGB

4 comments:

  1. That is a nice collection and I look forward to seeing them painted. I wonder if the Lone Star Africa Corps figure will be painted in tropical uniform or field grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Q. To be honest, Despite having several uncles that served in the 8th Army, its not a theatre of the WW2 which appeals to me. I also feel that any figures with the German fatigue hat would be more useful in European uniforms, so it will be field grey. Spent an hour this morning working on the four Crescent post-WW2 British figures in the bottom row, just varnished them.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. You are doing very well finding treasures at your collectables shop Michael! I especially like the horse's pose, very natural, yet quite unique for toy soldiers! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad, I wouldn't be surprised if the horse was part of an exotic set, for example a circus collection? Anyhow, I now have two, and with their saddles, etc, I can place a figure on foot next to them. As they are not tall, might use them as WW2 ponies for the Dutch or German infantry.
      Michael

      Delete