SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Sunday 11 June 2023

NEW FIGURES (Painted and based)

Have been working on the new figures recently acquired. First up are the five Timpo plastic WW2 American infantry. Must admit, I rather like these figures and will certainly seek to increase their number. They are based on their earlier lead range, but those often go for ridiculous prices.

Pleased to have formed a Timpo mortar unit.
You can never have enough medieval archers, one more for the collection.
An old Guards bandsman will now man a French gun.
I don't normally seek 60mm figures, preferring 50-56mm scales. Having picked these up in a swap, thought they might make a nice command base. These figures by Cherilea are notorious for plastic oxidisation, but the milliput, steel rods, paint and varnish should make them quite safe to use.
MGB

4 comments:

  1. Excellent repairs and paint jobs Michael! They all look much better than new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad. I am going all out to clear the recent arrivals, and doing quite well. Today I sorted out the five French legionnaires.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Great Job Micheal 😊 they look great. Can I ask are you using laser cut MDF for the bases? And if so have you ever had any issues was shrinkage or warping? Thank you - Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinn, Since the 1980s I have used 'mounting' card, Have never had any warping although I would not wish them to get wet. I would not trust any other kind of cardboard. On occasions, I also use backing boards for larger bases. Again, have never had any warping, and still have many figures dating back to the late 1980s. However, they would warp if they were irregularly bundled in a box and something heavier was then placed on them, but that would also warp the plastic figures too. Hope this helps.
      Michael

      Delete