SPECIAL THANKS. I would like to thank Paul Watson for his sponsorship of several lead figure collections on this blog. Having decided to clear his spare/surplus figures, he generously forwarded them on with no other requirement than they deserved to be restored. I would also like to mention George S. Mills, who kindly furnished a quantity of plastic figures which allowed me to complete another five or six military units, serving in several collections.

Saturday 29 July 2023

SOME NEW ADDITIONS recently completed

Picked up this Chinese made die-cast toy for only 50p in a local shop. It's a model of a Jaguar 1937 ss-100. The scale is not given but I would suggest 1/35. In perfect condition, it provides another vehicle for my WW2 street scene.


Four figures recently completed. Two Schleswig or German volunteers for the First Schleswig-Holstein War of 1848. A WW1 British Tommy. And an officer for my 8th Army battalion, completing its establishment to sixteen.

Some more figures recently completed. Converted some fairly small figures in my spares box into extra Soviet naval personnel.
My Dutch WW2 collection has gained a para-military policeman, or Royal Marechaussee.


Have been slowly increasing my unit of the King's Royal Rifle Corps. Starting off with a box of six, they now number ten. Some spare heads allowed me to convert two spare figures.

My Royal Navy Flat-iron gunboat has gained an extra crewman. Apparently it's a newer Britains figure, quite large, and solid metal. Where as I prefer the hollow castings, it does fit very well with the old Lone Star plastic range.
MGB

6 comments:

  1. All excellent additions Michael! They will each add details to your table that will make it a very special place indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Brad, they are just small projects that I wanted sorted, nothing exceptional. But a spares box has no value to me unless it helps furnish something useful for the gaming table, and often. Well pleased with that Jaguar!
      Michael

      Delete
  2. It is always a joy to see your new additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kind, Q. This summer I have not been wargaming, preferring to work on the garden, or complete ideas for the gaming table. But this will change, and I will start to enjoy the new additions. Presently working on my naval flotillas for various collections
      Michael

      Delete
  3. As usual outstanding efforts Michael well done! Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Quinn, have somewhat slowed down in painting figures, but have moved over to terrain and ship-building projects. It all helps to clear the rooms, lol.
      Michael

      Delete